Sunday 15 December 2019

Intro to Digital Media- Mission 3: Digital journalism - 1

The first thing I did before I started before I chose the mission I was going to do, for the methodology project, was read through each and try to find one that would spite my interest. After looking through for quite some time, I had picked my topic of interest. I picked Digital Journalism. I had chosen this topic because I had always liked journalism and everyone uses it these days instead of other forms like newspaper.
A screenshot of a computer screen

Description automatically generated

Next I had to find a group of people who shared this same interest as me for digital journalism. I found two guys because the maximum amount of members in each group was 3 people. The next thing we had to think about was what was the video going to be about and how we would insert digital journalism into it. After a few minutes of brainstorming we eventually found a topic to do our project and how to include Digital Journalism in it. We decided to do our project on the “Premiere League”.

We decided to give the question: Has Football Journalism changed for the better” to the public.
A screen shot of a computer

Description automatically generated

The next thing we had to do as part of the planning stage was to brainstorm ideas on how to get evidence for the question to be answered. How we would use digital journalism in this project. The best way to word the question to all age groups who would answer and how to present the video.

We had originally planned to make a video about each match of every week of the Premiere League. In these vids it would show the teams walking out, the best goal from that video and the managers shaking hands at the end of the matches. In between each video there was information about the match that would relate to the topic of journalism. I would search the matches in order and find music to play in the background so it would be a little bit out of the ordinary. While I did this the other guys would research information about each match and the history and good facts about Digital Journalism nowadays in comparison to journalism thirty years ago. This was a good system because we got lots of work done within a few hours. After all the information was collected we emailed it all to one computer. Then we all sat around the one computer, opened premiere pro and began editing.


We ended up editing this for about eight hours. But sadly after being up on YouTube for 2 hours it got removed. So we decided to make a screen recording of our project with our voices over it and some back round music. 
I presented the question to people so we could see public reactions on the screen recording. Then  decided a good way to get answers out of people was create a survey they could take. This was a good idea because a survey is one hundred percent anonymous. This would help persuade people to take it because they wouldn't be worried about their information and opinions getting out there with their name. After I would make this survey I would check all the results after a few hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment